Friday, December 3, 2010

Oh, the weather outside is frightful!

Well hello there! I don't know if there's any proper blogging etiquette for a new blog, but I thought I'd just start with a brief introduction. I'm from a small town in Ohio and am a sophomore nursing student at an Indiana university. I am a makeup enthusiast and am all around a lover of life. If it exists, I want to know about it. Now a little about this new blog: I just want a place where I can put my thoughts and if I can interest or affect one person, then that's good enough for me! 

Today's topic: random things in my room that are my favorites :)

1. Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm. I bought it on a trip to New Zealand; apparently the one thing I forgot to pack was chapstick. This stuff saved my hiney lips! I carry it everywhere I go, it works great under other lip products or by itself. Sort of has a touch of pinky color, silky smooth and smells like love. 

2. Slatkin & Co. concentrated room spray in Winter. My roomy gifted it to me last Christmas, I regret to say that I desperately under-use it. A little strong in large quantities, but it smells like a wonderful mixture of pine trees, wood cabins and indoor fireplaces. Lovely, cheerful, seasonal. And available at Bath and Body Works. 

3. Energique Peppermint Essential Oil. Relieves headaches and tension, my chiropractor recommended it to me and hawt dog! A small dab on the temples, between the eyebrows, and the back of the neck and whee, you're off and back to feeling normal!

4. Bacon Strips Adhesive Bandages. This really needs no explanation, they're silly and ridiculously wonderful. A college gift from my daddy-o, they never fail to cheer me up :) Everyone needs a few senseless items for fun!

5. Diet Dr. Pepper. Ah, so refreshing. And somehow it freakishly stays carbonated (well, a little) in the 'fridge overnight! Rachey (my roomy) put me onto it, it's so nice to settle in with a super-cold can of it after a long day.

Well, 5 is a nice even number. I think I'll leave it at that. Oh, one last thing! I wanted to include today's makeup, we'll call it the FOTD (face of the day). Something involving Apricot and Plum, nothing to heavy or intense for this bright winter day :)

A hint of plum to deepen the crease. ('scuse the shine, I have very oily skin!)

I like to blend it all together for a soft effect. Also, please note my owl shirt!

I think that does it for today, I should probably study a bit before classes. Thank you for being my audience, feel free to share comments! 

Love and happy wishes,
Katie




No comments:

Post a Comment